Here are some important things you need to know before completing this form:
1) This single application allows you to be considered for ALL Calhoun Scholarship awards.
2) The application deadline is midnight MARCH 1st, no exceptions.
3) All scholarship applicants MUST complete a 2015-2016 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) prior to March 1st to be considered for any Calhoun award. You do not have to complete your 2015 tax filing in order to complete the FAFSA. You may use your prior year tax figures in order to meet the FAFSA deadline-then if you are selected for an award you can update your FAFSA with 2015 data at a later date.
4) All scholarship applicants MUST complete an application for admission to attend Calhoun prior to March 1st.
5) If you qualify for an automatic ACT scholarship with a score of 27 or higher, you still MUST complete this scholarship application and complete all other requirements prior to March 1st. This award is now simply called the ACT award. Students with ACT scores 27+ are indeed "automatically" selected for awards--but they must have applied by the deadline of March 1 in order to be in that pool of students.
6) If you are unable to complete your application in one sitting, your information will be retained in your browser's history on your computer. Your application will not be submitted until it is complete, and you click the submit button.
7) Special note: The application requires the inclusion of a 300-500 word essay addressing a potential benefactor or donor and expressing your need for, desire of, and appreciaton for consideration of a scholarship award. This is your opportunity to distinguish your eligibility and worthiness in the selection process. We highly recommend that you author this in a separate file and cut and paste it into the appropriate field. Grammar, spelling, and quality of content is taken into consideration during the evaluation process. You may be asked to verify claims you make in this essay if they become central to your selection.
8) NOTE:to be eligible for a scholarship at Calhoun, recipients must agree to
1) Attend college full time
2) Have and maintain a 3.0 GPA
3) Attend Scholarship Orientation
4) Attend the Annual Scholarship Reception
5) And fulfill any and all of the unique criteria relevant to their
IMPORTANT: Please complete ALL fields before submitting this application. Partial information is not considered a complete application and could jeopardize your eligibility for scholarships.
Click "Next" below. There is a confirmation page that will appear at the completion and submission of your application. Print and keep this for your records. If you do not see a confirmation page, do not assume we received your application. Awards will begin to go out mid March and will continue to be announced through the end of May.