A contract between the owners of the dog, Northwest Boxer Rescue, known herein as "rescuer" or "rescue" and the caretakers of the dog, known herein as "foster home" or "foster family." The foster family fully understands that they are to act as a foster home for one or more of the rescuer’s dogs, referred herein as "the animal" or “the animals.” The following conditions apply to fostering of rescuer’s dogs while in the fosterer’s care and in their home:
1. The animal will be kept in the house or in a fenced yard on the grounds of the foster home at all times unless approved by NWBR or at an adoption event. Taking the dog for walks is allowed.
2. The animal will remain the property of rescue. The animal will be surrendered to an officer, director or executive of the rescue immediately upon request.
3. The animal will be fed, watered and exercised appropriately. This includes no unsupervised, off-lead time; the animal must be kenneled, in a secure, fenced yard. No retractable leashes are allowed.
4. No prong or shock collars are to be used at anytime.
5. The foster home will not be compensated for expenses incurred in the normal daily care of the animal. Expenditures incurred by the foster family other than emergency care and treatment require prior approval by rescue. The foster family will be held responsible for unapproved expenditures.
6. Veterinary care will be provided by rescue. This includes vaccinations, altering, prescription medications, and pre-approved surgeries necessary for the dog's comfort and health.
7. The animal is to be adopted to its permanent home as coordinated by the rescue, to a family pre-approved by rescue. Adoptive families may be contacted by the foster family to inquire about the dog, however, adoptive families are to be accorded respect and privacy. Excessively casual or excessively aggressive contacts with potential and actual adoptive families are not desirable.
8. All donations connected with the adoption of the animal will be sent directly to rescue.
9. Questions or problems are to be directed to your AC, rescue director, officer or executive. If there is a need to remove the animal from the foster home, the animal is to be given directly to the rescue.
10. The foster family accepts responsibility for any and all events that occur in connection with the fostering of a rescue animal. The foster family agrees to release and indemnify rescue from any and all claims, known and unknown, now or hereafter, arising in connection with the animal.
11. Rescuer requires that the foster family have a crate available should its use be necessary.
12. The foster family will evaluate the animal and prepare an evaluation form. A list of rescue contacts is left with the foster family.
13. The foster and appropriate family members will read the foster manual and return a completed Sign Off Form to the rescue prior to receiving their first animal.
By signing I agree to all the conditions list above and that all of the above information is true and correct. I also understand and agree that if I decide to permanently adopt my Northwest Boxer Rescue foster, that I must follow the Northwest Boxer Rescue's adoption process and procedures. I also understand that incomplete applications will not be processed.