Areas: graphic design, industrial design, Illustration, art and design, crafts
Woodville is looking for a passionate, hardworking and talented person to join our team.
This position is open for training now.
I am looking for someone to paint small wood pieces of jewelry with color and detail. I am also looking for someone to help me answer emails about custom inquires and create illustrator files for clients.
My painter is leaving at the end of February and can start training her replacement starting February 6th.
Please visit our website
to familiarize yourself with what we do before you fill out this application.
Person who hand paints pieces.
- Must be able to paint small pieces of wood with extreme detail
- Must be able to commute to north Durham 2-5 days a week
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must be able to learn new painting techniques such as airbrush painting
Below is a 3.5inch wood piece
painted by Javan Sutton in Graphic Design at NCSU. If you can match this level of work then you will be perfect for the job.
Person who works with clients to designer a custom wood piece for them.
- Must be FLUENT in Adobe Illustrator.
- Must be able to work within short deadlines (1-2 days for simple designs, 7-10 days for complicated designs)
- Must have decent people skills. Usually clients are not design savvy.
- Must be 18 and have a high school degree, college is preferred. NCSU Design students preferred!
- Answering custom order emails
- Trace simple designs in illustrator or make designs from scratch
- Talk to customers and figure out what they want via email or phone
- Explain to customers what their options are for their design and get their approval before making
- Edit designs to customers needs
- Learn how to determine price quotes based on difficulty of design (we will teach you that)
- Learn how to make designs laser cutter ready (we will teach you that)
The painting and design portions of this job will be based on commission. Each project will pay depending on the difficulty of what you have to paint. You may be able to take pieces with home to work on them.
Other duties will be based on an hourly pay.
The hours and pay will vary week by week. One week you might have 10 projects to work on and then the next week only 2. It all depends on the demand.
This is not a full time position right now. If you have a second part time job that is ok but this job will need to be your primary job. If business picks up than this will turn into a full time position.
call Julie (919) 923 4284 if you have questions. **you cannot apply over the phone!**