* All applications must be submitted no later by 11:59 pm local Austin time on Friday, Dec. 4, 2015.
* No application fee is required for entry.
* Games to be considered for the 2016 SXSW Gaming Awards are for the 2015 calendar year. As such, the Applicant's game must have launched no earlier than January 1, 2015 and no later than December 31, 2015.
* Submitted video games may be on any platform the Applicant prefers that showcases the entry in it's best form, but the Applicant must communicate platform needs.
* Applicant must provide physical (preferred method, if applicable) or digital means (download link, codes to digital store, etc.) to allow access to their game.
* All submitted games must be complete titles. No judging will be done for demos of titles that have not yet been released to market.
WINNER SELECTION PROCESS
SXSW Gaming Staff and SXSW Gaming Advisory Board will review all submissions in regards to the preferred categories selected and will consider the overall criteria such as the following: Quality, Design, Fun, Technical Achievement, Creativity, Innovation, etc.
SXSW Gaming Staff and Advisory board will then narrow each category down to five nominees by mid-January. Once we have the top nominees for each category, we'll then ask the public to vote on the final nominees via our site, e-mail blasts, etc. The submission that receives the most votes will be the “Winning Game” for that category and will receive the Award for that category.
The Winners of each category will be announced at the SXSW Gaming Awards show on the evening of Saturday, March 19, 2016.
* Each nominated title will receive 2 complimentary Gold or Music Badges, their choice, that allows access to other areas of SXSW.
* Access to reserved SXSW hotel blocks.