IMPORTANT CLIENT INFORMATION
Remind your care providers upon arrival that you plan to take your placenta and remind them again during pushing.
After the birth you can:
A) Put it in your prepared cooler and ask your nurse for a bag of ice to put inside. Keep the cooler cold with ice and in your room until I arrive.
B) Some hospitals have a fridge to store placentas that are being kept.
Confirm this is NOT pathology! WE WILL NOT ENCAPUSLATE IF THE PLACENTA GOES TO PATHOLOGY
C) Some hospitals require that the placenta is released within 2 hours of birth. In this case, you will sign the waiver and have them release it to you. Keep it in the cooler bag with ice and just put in your personal belongings or in your car until I arrive. As soon as hospital releases it to you, they are not liable which is why there is the 2 hour restriction. It will be fine if kept in an iced state until we arrive, which you can get ice from your nurse.
HOME BIRTHS & BIRTH CENTERS
Have your midwife put your placenta in their container or double ziplocked bag labeled with your last name.
Keep refrigerated and call for pickup.
Client & Placenta Specialist Terms & Agreement
As I request placenta services, I freely and voluntarily agree to accept this contract as follows:
1. I agree to keeping the placenta with best practices to ensure a safe encapsulation.
2. I understand that although ingesting the placenta has been shown to decrease post partum depression it is not guarenteed.
3. I have fully disclosed any and all sexual transmitted diseases or contagious diseases to my specialist.
4. I have fully disclosed any and all medications used in pregnancy to my specialist.
5. I will pay the specialist the $50 deposit upon signing contract and in full when services are completed.
6. I understand upon recieving the capsules my specialist is no longer liable, including but not limited to any other person(s) ingesting the placenta capsules.
7. I do not hold my specialist responsible for any transportation mishap (car accident) or detainment from hospital.
8. I understand the placenta has been handled according to OSHA and Washington/Oregon Food Safety and Handling standards.
9. I understand my specialist is not prescribing or giving medical advice.
10. I waive any and all rights to hold the specialist reponsible for any undesired effect from consuming the capsules.