- Members must maintain a high and ethical standard of conduct.
- Always maintain appropriate, kind and supportive language when communicating with other students, other families, and staff or partners of the youth center.
- Usage of profanity will result in a week long suspension from all programs and activities of the Ma'ruf Center.
- Never make inappropriate physical contact with other students, other families, and staff or partners of the youth center.
- Always show respect to all.
- Always avoid confrontation of any kind and always use a de-escalation approach to any conflict that may arise.
Note: Maruf, as an organization, understands that some of these concepts may be subjective. Therefore, guardians and students are also required to reach out to the executive director (in the interim) for any questions they may have or for clarifications vis a vis the above requirements, especially in regards to specific situations. "An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure"
- All students are required to maintain a monthly minimum attendance rate of 50% across all programs and activities unless special circumstances prevent him or her from fulfilling this requirement. In this case, a guardian of the concerned student will need to fill out an exemption form, provided by the Ma'ruf Center, detailing the latter circumstances. The exemption wil| be considered valid only upon approval by the Executive director.
- A monthly non-exempt attendance rate below the 50% threshold will result in suspension from all scheduled programs and activities at the Ma'ruf Center.
- Students are required to dress modestly to promote an environment of respect and good morals. Revealing outfits including tank tops, short shorts, short skirts, and see-through clothes are not to be worn during all scheduled programs and activities at the Ma'ruf Center.
- Guardians are required to and responsible for maintaining accurate and current contact information (Cellular phone and electronic mail) filing with the Youth Center so as to be accessible in case of an emergency.
- Interactions and meetings with the staff and partners of the Ma'ruf Center outside the confines of the center, without a signed written consent from a guardian, are strictly prohibited except if there is evidence showing the existence of a prior relationship. The Consent form will be provided to the guardian upon request by the Ma'ruf Center and must be submitted by the guardian to the Ma'ruf Center building administrator on duty, prior to any such interaction taking place. Any failure to do so will result in the termination of the relationship between the Ma'ruf Center and the parties involved.
- If a prior relationship exists between a partner and a family, it will be the responsibility of the guardian to inform the building administrator on duty immediately following the first interaction in the Ma'ruf Center.
Issue or Incident Reporting
- Students and guardians will report any issue pertaining to facility equipment, room access, security, maintenance, and building access to any building staff or program partners including tutors, mentors, and teachers.
- Conflicts or personal disagreements with other students will be reported to any building staff or program partner including tutors, mentors, and teachers.