2023 NRSC Summer Camps for D/HH
A completely free summer camp experience at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, Alabama for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing students. Students are eligible if they will be entering the 9th-12th grade in Fall 2023. If flying to the camp, students MUST BE AT LEAST 15 YEARS OLD at the time of flying to camp.
There are two tracks to choose from:
#1 - STEM Academy (Formerly Summer Transition Program)
June 11 - July 1, 2023
*STEM Academy is limited to residents of southeast states only
- 10th-12th grade
- Prepare for the transition from high school to college
- Improve academic skills
- Develop leadership skills
- Enhance college readiness skills
- Meet new friends
- Experience life on a college campus
#2 - STEM in Agriculture
June 11 - June 17, 2023
- Learn how robotics work in agriculture
- Build a robot that will plant, water, and check the soil
- Learn and build other STEM projects!
- 9th-12th grade (must be 15 years old if flying)
#3 - GenCyber @ UAH (June 18 - June 24, 2023)
- Explore potential careers in cybersecurity
- Hands-on experiences in programming
- Digital Forensics, cryptography, networking
- Online safety
- Apply separately at https://tinyurl.com/gencyber2023dhh
Students will be interviewed as part of our application and acceptance process. There are a limited number of spots available!
NOTE: Please make sure you have all of the following documents completed before you submit or you will not be able to finish this form!
1) Driver's License or State ID (needed if 17 years or older at time of camp)
2) Audiogram (audiological exam)
If you are having trouble with the application or need assistance, please direct questions to email@example.com.